post 1

For those of you whom have come from my Instagram page, I thank you firstly, for taking the time to appreciate some more of my writing. I haven't been inspired to read or write anything for the past couple of months, however, I have written small poems here and there.

I promise that I won't start all my posts off with a long paragraph explaining things that I write, unless I feel like it would lead to confusion if I don't, because I'm pretty sure you care more about the writing than you do about me, the writer. Anyway, I have written small poems like this one, where I felt like I deserved more from a person than what they decided to give me.


I wrote this one night because I felt like I was getting caught up in something toxic, but I left it without a title because I didn't think the person who I wrote it about deserves to have yet another poem written about them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't decide whether I hate you or not. I don't know whether you are what makes me happy or not, and I can't decide whether I want you to be here or not.
  You are my anger and my happiness in one. You are so good for me, yet so bad. My heart, but the hatred in it as well. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place, and you put me there.
  Tell me what I'm supposed to do. Tell me what to think. Because the storm clouds inside my head are about to come pouring down, and yet here I am, at your doorstep, asking for your help.
  To decide whether I hate you or not. Whether you are what makes me happy or not. Whether I want you to be here or not.
  My questions remain unanswered.
  But what is a rhetorical question anyway?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's a really short piece that I wrote a couple of weeks back. I can't say I wrote this without hearing something that someone said, so credit to my brother, who struck me with the quote "I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, and you put me there" and basically got my mind thinking of words, which resulted in this poem.

Thank you for reading <3
If you have anything specific you want me to write about, or fun topics to discuss or get my opinions on, don't hesitate to comment or dm me on my Instagram: @justapublicdiary .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

post 2 - mental health